Topics

Update Lehman's Birds of Santa Barbara County, June 2020

Jamie Chavez

Dear Santa Barbara County birders,

Paul Lehman has once again updated his "The Birds of Santa Barbara County, California" and this June 2020 edition can be freely downloaded (as an epub or pdf file) here:

The site also contains a pdf of the county map, clarifying the districts and locations that BOSBC uses. We excluded this map (as well as the original 1994 photos and drawings) to prevent the files from getting too big.

When relying on this resource, please use the recommended citation:
Lehman, P. E. "The Birds of Santa Barbara County, California", Revised Edition, June 2020, available at http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html, 2020. Original edition: The Vertebrate Museum, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1994.

Paul's request for additional information:

"Input from the birding public is eagerly sought. If you have corrections or other information that would be valuable to include in any of the species accounts, please submit it, preferably labeled "BOSBC", to sbcobirding.groups.io. But recent records from the current 'season' should be sent to county compiler Dave Compton. We will consider these data for all future updates. This electronic publication can be modified easily, and the plans are to do so on a regular basis.[...] Feel free to comment privately to Paul as well, but we encourage suggested changes to be posted publicly on the sbcobirding site, so that we can all share in this potential new information."

Thanks, Paul.

--
Jamie Chavez
Santa Maria, CA