Topics

Warbler with large heavy bill

Rob Hofberg

This late afternoon (4:45 - 5:30) I sat by the pond at the Riviera Business Park. It was bristling with warblers, with the heavy majority being yellow-rumped. Also seen were Wilson's, Yellow, orange-crowned, 1 female black-throated gray, the blackpoll that has been seen up there and 2 Nashville.

Twice I got good looks at a very faded looking warbler with a really larger, stout bill. The bill was a real stand out. At first I thought it might be a vireo. The bird had a faded yellow drab head and chest, whitish belly and drab olive back. It was in the vegetation in the pond.

If anyone goes there in the next days please keep an eye out. I'd like to get some feedback on what it might be.

Thanks,

Rob Hofberg

Rob Hofberg

Thanks all for your interest in my post.
I think that maybe it was a common yellowthroat female with a very stout bill.
Thanks again.