Topics

waterthrush, Tennessee

Nick Lethaby

All,

I spent some time birding from Western Goleta west this AM. At Refugio, the spiffy leucistic Willow Flycatcher continues. A small warbler flock contained a BT Gray. A Sora and single Cinnamon and GW Teals were on the creek.

A stop at the Dos Pueblos Ranch exit turned up a Tennessee Warbler in a lerped eucalyptus on the N side of the freeway (it was the only warbler in these trees). I then checked the creek underneath the freeway bridge and found a N. Waterthrush.

Subsequent checks at Ellwood, Winchester One, Evergreen, and a fennel patch in W Goleta just turned up common western migrants although only Winchester One was reasonably covered. I had a Nashville there.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200