Topics

Wed., Sept. 29

Joan E. Lentz <jelentz@...>

COME HELP SAVE JOAN LENTZ'S (VOLUNTEER) JOB!

Hey birders! You wouldn't want me without a (volunteer) job would you???
A very important journal, "North American Birds" formerly "Field Notes",
has been in some financial trouble lately and we need your help! As you
know, I am the county reporter for S. B. County--keeping track of the
ornithological comings and goings--which get sent to "North American Birds"
four times a year. Wouldn't it be horrible if there was nowhere all those
bird records could be stored? Wouldn't it be sad if a magazine that has
kept track of North American ornithology for a hundred years would cease to
exist?
On Wednesday, September 29, at the S. B. Museum of Natural History Jon
Dunn and Kimball Garrett are DONATING their time to give us a fun evening
to benefit "North American Birds", published by American Birding Assoc. and
the Nat'l. Audubon Society.
We're going to begin by having wine, cheese and crackers, and desserts by
the creek at 6:30 pm. Bring your new NGS guides to get autographs and the
Warbler book as well. Lots of socializing.
Then, at 7:30 pm in the Bird Habitat Hall, Jon and Kimball will be
lecturing and showing slides on warblers in migration--old favorites as
well as wish-list types--just in time for fall.
Admission is $25 per person at the door and ALL OF IT GOES TO BENEFIT
"North American Birds". PLEASE join us and HELP SAVE MY JOB!!!