Topics

White eyed vireo

John Sterling

Dan Cooper just found a singing white eyed vireo in Isla Vista

Here is the location

John Sterling
530 908-3836
26 Palm Ave
Woodland, CA 95695

Dave Compton

Thanks, John and Dan. Several people have been able to follow up and see the bird on the north side of the Camino Corto Open Space willows, not far from Fortuna Park. It’s singing pretty regularly, but not constantly. Overall, it’s pretty cooperative.

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:25 AM John Sterling <jsterling@...> wrote:
Dan Cooper just found a singing white eyed vireo in Isla Vista

Here is the location

John Sterling
530 908-3836

Adrian O'Loghlen

The vireo ceased being "cooperative" later in the AM and hadn't been seen or heard for at least half an hour when I left around 12:30 pm.  I did mange to get some photos despite the fact it spent most of its time in dense vegetation.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/104247213@N05/22U98o

Adrian O'Loghlen
Goleta

John Callender

The bird is still there today (Sunday) morning at 6 a.m. Singing a fair amount in the same location, but hard to get looks as it skulks in the willows.

John Callender
Carpinteria