Topics

White Geese yesterday

David Levasheff

So I was going to re-find the Kittiwake yesterday early only to receive John C's sad email. I went to look anyway at the bridge with only my bins. this was around 7:30am. I noted a good size group of Canada type geese over in the area of the long bridge and saw three white geese with them, too far to ID. I decided to go look for the Burrowing Owl and started back to my car toget my scope. Along the way the 3 white geese took flight and headed SSE over Devereux School. Once over the field beyond the school they turned right and headed west along the shore (as well as I could tell from Venoco Road) till out of sight. I assumed up to the Sand Piper pond area of something. Got my scope and headed back up the road, took a close look at the Kittiwake and quick scan of NCOS water. There I did see 1 or 2 Pintail, and 3 white geese! Did they loop back around on me un-noticed or are there 6. I don't know but keep your eyes out.

--

David

--
David Levasheff