Topics

White Munia

Marge and Don Thornton

This note is a little late in getting out, but it may still be of some interest.  Our backyard feeders have been busy with Hooded Orioles, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Lesser Goldfinches and House Finches.  We also get some semi regular visits from Munia. Last Thursday afternoon there were mostly finches, but there was a very unusual, all white bird with them.  The white bird was smaller than the finches and had the shape and profile of a Scaly-breasted Munia. The eyes had a black appearance and the beak was a light grey, but even the legs were white. Pictures are posted with the checklist:
     https://ebird.org/checklist/S71840340

Marge and Don Thornton
Goleta