White-winged dove @ LLC

Steve Hovey

Sorry, dove, not duck. :)

On Dec 30, 2021, at 5:05 PM, Steve Hovey <shovey34@cox.net> wrote:

Dawn and I swung by Goleta beach and found lots of the usual suspects, plus one Bonaparte’s Gull. We then went to Lake Los Carneros and saw lots of Ring-necked ducks, one Cinnamon teal, and a White-winged dove on the side of the asphalt trail on the west side of the lake, just before the trail through the olive trees. Lastly, we headed over to Devereux Slough where a fellow birder told us he’d seen an American White Pelican earlier in the day. While driving away from Devereux, we saw a large white bird along the channel at NCOS. We stopped and verified that it was indeed the white pelican. What a great day!!

--
Steve Hovey

--
Steve Hovey