Topics

Zone-tailed Hawk Plus

jcwings@pronet.net <jcwings@...>

Hello folks,

I received this message from Paul Rosso yesterday, October 15. I thought
I should pass it along.

Jamie

Subject:
Zone-Tailed Hawk Plus
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:25:25 -0700
From:
prrosso@...

Friday -- October 15,1999
Stow Grove County Park.
Observed Zone-Tailed Hawk 0900-0915 in Eucalyptus Tree on the Western
Side of Park
on LaPatera Ln at Caroldale Ln. The hawk was being harassed by American
Crows. It took off as soon as the Turkey Vultures in trees to east took
to flight. It joined the TVs and soared with them for about 10 minutes,
then the flock flew Northwest. Nice clean Adult -- probably a Male.

Stow House Parking Area. 0945-1130
Tennessee Warbler - Fall plumage -- in Euc
Palm Warbler -- Fall in Euc
Black-Throated Gray Warbler -- Tree in SW corner
Western Tanager-- Female and Dull Winter Male -- Trees in Center Strip
near Outhouse
Summer Tanager -- F -- Trees in Center
Strip near Outhouse

Paul and Rita Rosso